Sunday, May 22, 2011

Beware False Prophets...


Hands up those who actually bought into Harold Camping's "end of the world" scenario for 21 May.
I hate to disappoint those fervent but misguided souls (no, to be honest, I LOVE winding up wallies like them!), but I'm writing this from New Zealand which
(1) was supposed to experience the start of the world-obliterating earthquake yesterday, and
(2) is now into tomorrow - the NEXT day (22 May).
Ol' Harold calculated the globe-splitting EQ would wipe NZ out first, then roll steadily around the planet throughout 21 May, so that Americans could conveniently watch Armageddon approaching on daytime tv. They'd have time for one last beer as gaping chasms split open their neighbourhood. Riiiiiight.
To Harold and his followers, I remind them that the Bible quotes Jesus as saying that “no one knows the day or the hour” (Matthew 24:36). I think I'll just leave it there...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And now that the world did NOT end as he predicted, Harold will be saying it was all his PRAYERS that saved us!