Saturday, February 18, 2012

Adele Just A Passing Fad?

Noel Gallagher says Adele's success won't last!
Harsh words from the former Oasis singer...and also from fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld: Gallagher sees her as a flash in the pan, while Lagerfeld says she’s too fat!
Gallagher states that women just don't stick around in his business: "I feel sorry for girls in the music industry. They have a very short shelf life. For instance, Duffy: who? Gone. She was massive. And I don't doubt for a second the same thing will happen to Adele." Ok, valid point about Duffy, the Welsh singer who won a Grammy in 2009 then flopped. But as for his suggestion that women can't last in the music industry, I don't need to start naming names to disprove that one. If one is going to beat that drum, one can easily compile a list of those that didn't make it...and just as easily draw up another of those that did! With Adele’s massive voice and huge fan base, it's hard to imagine she won't be a big star for years to come.
Lagerfeld mentioned Adele in an interview when he was asked about US singer/songwriter Lana Del Rey: "I prefer Adele and Florence Welch. The thing at the moment is Adele. She is a little too fat, but she has a beautiful face and a divine voice." Of course, the wizened 78yr.old Lagerfeld (of dubious style savvy) inhabits an unreal world where anyone larger than a 12yr.old girl is considered to be carrying too much weight. Lagerfeld has since made a grovelling backtrack, saying he's a big fan. Riiiiiight. Adele states bluntly she has no desire to be a 'skinny Minnie': "I've never seen magazine covers and music videos and thought I need to look like that to sell more records. I don’t need to - I am selling records! I don't find that attractive and even if I did have a Sports Illustrated body, I'd still wear elegant clothes. I ain't lookin' like no slapper. Exploiting yourself sexually is not a good look."
The classically stylish Adele creamed the Grammy Awards last weekend - whereas Noel Gallagher's Oasis hasn't scored a US hit since 1998! I'm picking she won’t be too worried about these comments...
PS: 22 Feb.2012 - Un-bloody-believeable! Adele returns in triumph to UK to score two prizes at the Brit Awards...only to have the producers cut off her acceptance speech after about 10 seconds!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's that whole tall poppy syndrome!

Plus-size Appreciator said...

Adele is a HOTTIE!!!!